We are looking for an experienced CDL driver to transport roofing materials and supplies to and from job sites.
- Inspect vehicles operated for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input information into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver truck and/or trailer into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Effectively and immediately report defects, accidents or violations
- Communicate and coordinate with a team of operational managers and foremen
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS and smartphone)
- Solid knowledge of applicable truck driving laws and regulations
- Clean driving record
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid class A truck driving license
- Knowledge of roofing industry products is helpful but not necessary
Sentry Roof Services
Sentry Roofing Services is a stable, growing, fast-paced commercial roofing company that works on some of Atlanta's most notable buildings.
We've been serving the metro Atlanta area for more than 30 years. Currently we're looking to add hard-working, career-focused team members who are ready to become part of our professional environment.
All of our leadership, superintendents, foremen, crews, sales teams and office staff are highly skilled and dedicated. We're proud to offer outstanding benefits and the opportunity for advancement. We encourage each team member to demonstrate his or her abilities, learn and practice new skills, and become an active part of decision-making processes. We understand that as a member of our team, you contribute directly to our growth and success, just as we contribute to yours.
Highlights and benefits include:
- Healthcare options for you and your family with optional dental and vision
- Six paid holidays and one paid week of vacation each year
- Recognize and reward your hard work, and help you meet your career goals
- Highest safety standards — your safety comes first
- Certified Drug-Free Workplace
Sentry Roof Services screens and assesses all candidates carefully. We offer positions to those who display an outstanding work ethic, value hard work and integrity, are dependable team players and thrive while working in a close-knit environment. If you are given the opportunity to become a member of our team, it means we believe in your ability to add value to our company and make our business even stronger by building on our past successes. We look forward to hearing from you!
Company Website: sentryroof.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)